Spread the Word
Surfrider Chapters worldwide are in the same position as any volunteer organization with no formal sources of funding: we are simultaneously working to fulfill our goals as an organization while also attracting the resources to accomplish those goals. For this reason, attending, hosting, and presenting at events around the Bay Area is a great way to meet members and activists, raise funds, and raise awareness of our efforts.
Examples of Past Events
- Teton Gravity Research movie premier: Chapter fundraiser at Mezzanine; 800+ attendees.
- Outside Lands tabling: Three day music event in Golden Gate Park with a manned table for the entire event
- Incubus concert tabling: At the Greek in Berkeley, hosted a table at concert for Incubus.
- Barefoot Wines Beach Rescue: Beach cleanup at Ocean Beach followed by after-party and music at Beach Chalet Restaurant.
- 111 Minna fundraiser and all-chapter meeting: Music and guest speakers, open to the public with a discount for newly-joined members
- Icer Air Ski and Snowboard Competition: Ski and snowboard festival tabling to raise awareness and generate donations.
We are always looking for passionate volunteers to assist at our events. Please contact us if you are interested in helping out.
Attend an Event
Interested in attending an event with a Surfrider presence? Check our calendar for upcoming events.
Host an Event
Want to host or propose a Surfrider fundraising event? Please contact us to work together on ideas and planning.